Monday, January 23, 2012
Name of Post: Civil Judge in the Tamil Nadu State Judicial Service
No. of Posts: 185 (General-56, Scheduled Castes-29, Scheduled Castes (Arunthathiyars on preferential basis)-6, Scheduled Tribes-2, Backward Classes (other than Backward Class Muslims)-49, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities-37, Backward Class Muslims-6)
Pay-Scale: Rs.27700 - 770 - 33090 - 920 - 40450 - 1080 - 44770 per mensem.
Age Limit (As on 01.07.2012):
(i) For Practising Advocates / Pleaders and Assistant Public Prosecutors -
- Minimum Age Limit: 25 Years
- Maximum Age Limit: 35 years (For General Category); 40 years (For Reserved Categories)
- Minimum Age Limit: 22 Years
- Maximum Age Limit: 27 Years
(i) For Practising Advocates / Pleaders and Assistant Public Prosecutors:
- Must possess a degree in Law of a University in India established or incorporated by or under a Central Act or a State Act or an Institution recognised by the University Grants Commission or any other equivalent qualification and got enrolled in the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu, and in the case of candidates enrolled in the Bar Councils of other States, they should submit a proof of transfer of their enrolment to the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu; and
- (a) Must be practising as an Advocate or Pleader in the High Court or Courts Subordinate thereto and must have so practised for not less than 3 years on the date of this Notification. or
- (b) Must be an Assistant Public Prosecutor having not less than 3 years of experience as an Advocate and / or Assistant Public Prosecutor.
- Must be a fresh Law Graduate possessing a Degree in Law from a recognized University as mentioned in Clause-I (i) above;
- Must be eligible to be enrolled or enrolled as an advocate;
- Must have secured an overall percentage of (a) 50% Marks in case of open categories; (b) 45% Marks in case of all reserved categories.
- Must have obtained the Degree of Law within a period of three years prior to the Date of this Notification.
Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 20.02.2012
Date of Written Exam: 24.03.2012 & 25.03.2012
For Full Details of the Notification, Application Form, Syllabus and Scheme of Examination etc, click the link below-