Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Question Number: 21-30
21. Entries in the books of accounts regularly kept in the course of business are admissible under section 34 of Evidence Act
(A) If they by themselves create a liability
(B) If they by themselves do not create a liability
(C) Irrespective of whether they themselves create a liability or not
(D) Either (a) or (b)
22. Under Section 32 of Evidence Act, a statement of a person who is dead, to be admissible
(A) Must relate to the cause of his own death
(B) May relate to the cause of someone else’ death.
(C) May relate to the cause of his own death or someone else’ death.
(D) None of the above
23. Which amendment act of the constitution reduced the voting age from 21 years to 18 years.
(A) Sixtieth Amendment 1988
(B) Sixty-First Amendment 1989
(C) Sixty-Second Amendment 1990
(D) Sixty-Third Amendment 1990
24. In which of the following cases, the Supreme Court struck down that legislators cannot be disqualified on his conviction in a criminal case if he/she files an appeal in the appropriate court:
(A) Golaknath V. State of Punjab
(B) Keshvananda Bharti Vs. State of Punjab
(C) Sankari Prasad Vs. UOI
(D) Lily Thomas Vs. Union Bank of India
25. ‘Doctrine of unjust enrichment' was laid down by the Supreme Court in which one of the following cases?
(A) Sarla Mudgal V. Union of India
(B) Mafatlal Industries Ltd. Vs. Union of India
(C) S.R. Bommai Vs. Union of India
(D) Unni Krishnan Vs. State of A.P.
26. What is the maximum period within which landlord is required to give notice to the District Magistrate regarding the filing of vacancy under section 15 of the U.P. Urban Building (Regulation of Letting, Rent and Eviction) Act, 1972
(A) Two weeks
(B) Seven days
(C) Thirty days
(D) None of the above
27. Parties to the suit can compromise in a suit
(A) Under order XXIII, Rule 3A of CPC
(B) Under order XXIII, Rule 3 of CPC
(C) Under order XXIII, Rule 1 of CPC
(D) Under order XXIII, Rule 4 of CPC
28. The chapter that deals with gift under the Transfer of Property Act, 1882
(A) Applies to Mohammadan gift also
(B) Does not apply to Mohammadan gift
(C) Applies to all caste, creed, etc.
(D) Applies to Parsi gift only.
29. The gift of future property is
(D) Conditionally void
30. A notice under section 111 of the Transfer of Property Act, 1882 can be waived:
(A) By express or implied consent of the person to whom it is given
(B) By implied consent of the person to whom it is given.
(C) By express consent of the person to whom it is given.
(D) By notice from either party.